The time has come to bring all the tutorials, tips and tricks for MagicPicker color wheel, MixColors color mixer and DiskFonts font management plugins in one place! There are now more than 50 of them and the list is growing!
I’m back on art track after updating my MagicPicker Photoshop color wheel.
Here go some experiments I did with the neural networks and my photography. Mixing Silicon Valley hitech and digital art. More to come!
Recently I finished a very interesting project for the flower “tienda” in Quito, Ecuador. Here are some pictures, more to come!
I’ve recently done a lot of photos on my iPod (0.7 Mpx). I know the quality is not so good, but I love mobile photography for its simplicity.
Thanks to my fabulous art agent Ilya Gotfryd, my 5th art photography show started in “The O Gallery” (LaPlace, 2101 Richmond Road, Beachwood, OH 44122, USA).
Here are some pictures from the show opening.
On the left are Marcela and David - friends from Medellín, Colombia - the city which is portraited on the photo to the right of them.
Painted from nature in Photoshop using:
MagicPicker Photoshop color wheel and color picker
John Derry’s Artist Brushes
I created the new tool dedicated to all graphic and animation designers out there dealing with fonts. It’s called DiskFonts. It allows to view fonts from disk inside Creative Suite panel. Don’t install fonts, now you can browse them from disk directly, quickly seeing, how your text looks like with different type faces with DiskFonts! The long awaited feature is here!
Supports Mac and Windows, x32 and x64, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Fireworks! Is it Helvetica, Script font, open type font, truetype font - doesn’t matter. Unlimited collection support. You can also compare fonts and then filter the fonts you like with one click.
I was thinking about this kind of thing for years! And now, after all hard work and bugs fighting it’s been embodied in the form of a panel using the latest technologies proposed by Adobe CS5. It’s dedicated to print designers, illustrators, desktop publishing lovers, prepress maniacs, flash animators, HTML5 geniuses and even video title makers!
Ok, read more about DiskFonts here: DiskFonts, Disk font viewer inside Adobe Creative Suite CS5
I updated MagicPicker - the Color Wheel plugin for Photoshop. It now supports Adobe Photoshop CS5 and packed with a bunch of new features!
- new color is now displayed side by side with the old one, while changing
- new Compact Mode for CS4 with only two colors visible and panel enlarges automatically when moving mouse around - activated from Menu -> Compact Mode
- new “Switch Foreground and Background Colors” and “Default Foreground and Background Colors” buttons
- for print designers - CMYK colors are now get profiled based on currently chosen Photoshop CMYK profile. Use it only when needed as it will slow down the panel
- great speed improvement for H and S color modes when using Color Pane
- minor bug fixes, including keyboard when using panel, registration and autocolor update when colors are exchanged (”x” key)
- other small optimizations
read more about Photoshop Color Wheel plugin
And I can proudly present a video made by tyr, which shows how MagicPicker color wheel can bring your digital paintings to a new level:
My new photo is framed and found itself a sunny nice new white wall.
It’s now called MagicPicker and can be obtained here: Photoshop Color Wheel
Check, what famous Alex Broeckel writes about it.
The list of other features include:
- NON-MODAL panel - unlike native Photoshop color picker you don’t need to close a dialog
- Color pane, Color wheel and RGB/HSB sliders
- Supports Photoshop CS3 and CS4
- Sets foreground and bakground color
- Supports feeback from Photoshop. (It’s an ability to update panel automatically when a color is picked outside panel, e.g. with Alt-click on the image)
- Arbitrary panel scaling
- H,S,B and R,G,B modes support
- Numerical boxes for precise color changing
- HEX box to get color for your web page element
- NO crashes, unlike some other panels